1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Help Using LaCie DVDRW ...

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by vja4Him, Dec 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vja4Him

vja4Him Thread Starter

I'm trying to figure out how to burn my files to a DVD disc, using my LaCie SuperWrite Master Speed Plus.

I tried using Toast 9 that is on the CD, but it's not working.

I'm sure there is a simple solution .....

My computer is a MacPro 2.93GHz, running Snow Leopard 10.6.4.

Help!!

2. Hughv

Hughv

Ask (Report) a mod to move this to the Mac forum.

3. valis

valis Moderator

moved as requested.

4. vja4Him

vja4Him Thread Starter

Thanks. I figured out how to burn the DVDs. Used the old application, Disc Burner, but it doesn't have any option, no menu, absolutely nothing! Just one click, "BURN." That's it. No settings, no preferences, nothing.

Just burn, and be done. The app wouldn't even allow me to name my disc! And when I finished burning the 2.4GB of data, the DVD was locked, so I couldn't add any more data, even though the DVD is a double-layer (8.5 GB data).

I also tried using Toast Basic NV, which worked. I was able to name the disc, and burn around 8GB of data. Again, the DVD was locked, so I couldn't add any more data.

Looks like I'll be burning to the discs only once in a great while (like once or twice a year, since I'll have to burn everything all over again. What a waste!

I'll be using SDHC cards for updating my files frequently, and also updating files to my two external hard drives.

Maybe I can find some way to do Multiple Sessions with CDs ....

5. valis

valis Moderator

nice job! (y)

I'll mark this as solved, but it will remain open for a few months if you need to post back.

thanks,

v

6. Headrush

Headrush

Google for a program called Simplyburns. It's free and will do everything you need.

7. techhoney

techhoney

Yes there are many guys who are having problems with burner and there a lot of discussions going on apple forums which are not yet solved.I have tried toast and idvd but i got no luck.Anyway i will try again with simplyburns.Thanks.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970829

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice