Solved: Help wanted understanding this?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Lockeyp

Ean
The latest MS Security Update that will not take too XML core 04? kb954430 any ideas on how to get it to take as it installs but the yellow shield returns again...any ideas would be appreciated.

Hiya,try downloading the update from microsoft download center and save it on your desktop.once downloaded close all open windows and then double click the download to install,if that not work go to control panel>add/remove and tick the show microsoft updates,find the KB954430 and uninstall it,reboot then try installing from desktop again,still no joy? enter safe mode then retry,

Lockeyp

Ean
How would I do this as there is no save to. Please explain how to do this - On reviewing the update history I have it installed 4 times but in the + and - progs it is only showing the once - Do you thing if I remove it from the +/- prog it shall remove all 4 of the installations, so that I maybe able to re-install it again.

I eagerly await your reply.

Lockeyp

Lockeyp

Ean
I Huggie54. I uninstalled it with the link that you sent me after uninstalling it I rebooted it just to insure that it was really clean before installing it again .... but the samething happened that the shield reappeared giving me the same message but just before the Yellow shield appeared the Green shield appeared saying that it had installed.... So what is going on.

Lockeyp

Lockeyp

Ean
Huggie54. Thanks for your advice on the updates situation I followed your advice & now I have a totally happy PC with no yellow shields.

So Thanks again Guys.

Lockeyp

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online