Solved: Help!!! Whenever i make a file in notepad it deletes automaticly.

DID THIS HAPPEN TO YOU?

• NO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MAYBE

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mmgordon7701

UPDATE: Turns out avast was deleting them as it categorized them as jokes. WHY???

:confused::confused:
MY SYSTEM INFO IS:
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate , 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T5200 @ 1.60GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2038 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family, 6 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 238472 MB, Free - 188950 MB;
Motherboard: Gateway , , 77.09 , QTFAJJ70100313
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled
I ALSO HAVE MALWARE BYTES ANTI-MALWARE PRO.

WHEN I SCANNED WITH MALWARE BYTES IT FOUND 2 INFECTED ITEMS AND IT DELETED THEM BUT IT STILL ISN'T HELPING.
I TRIED USING OTHER THINGS, FOR EXAMPLE NOTEPAD2 AND SAVING THEM AS .TXT FILES BUT IT DIDN'T HELP :mad:
PLEASE HELP ASAP

mmgordon7701

avast the anti virus program was putting them in the virus chest and it said because they were jokes

valis

do you have a screenshot of that? I've never heard of ANY app quarantining jokes.

mmgordon7701

its NOT a malicious software and i know because i made it myself. all i want to know is how do i make avast not block jokes and pranks. i dont care if i have it.

valis

well, the reason that it's blocking it is because it's a malicious script. It does unwanted things. That is what it's supposed to do. If you don't want it to block it, uninstall and run with NO a/v.

Frankly, if someone were to dump that on my rig, I'd be furious. If someone dumped it my work network, they'd be out of a job.

mmgordon7701

well, the reason that it's blocking it is because it's a malicious script. It does unwanted things. That is what it's supposed to do. If you don't want it to block it, uninstall and run with NO a/v.

Frankly, if someone were to dump that on my rig, I'd be furious. If someone dumped it my work network, they'd be out of a job.
if someone dumped that on mine i would just take it off :p:)

valis

only way to make it not block it is to run without an a/v running. Gotta remember, that's what they are designed to do, block unwanted and malicious scripts.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online