1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Help with a calculation

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by abbyt1904, Apr 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abbyt1904

abbyt1904 Thread Starter

Hi

I am a maths idiot and I need help with working out a formula? I know what I want to do (I think) but need to know how to get there.

Attached is my Excel sheet.
    I am looking for a result to populate in F9 which will either use the figure in F7 or F8

If an employee is more engaged, you could save 87% of the cost of replacing them.
    If the cost of replacing them is £39750.00
    How much could you save per 1% of increased engagement

There is a sliding scale...and I dont want users of my calculation to need to know their engagement score.

Not even sure if this is possible..

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

Hi there,

Sounds like homework... which is typically frowned upon if you're asking for someone to do it for you online, since that's cheating. And nobody likes a cheater.

If it's not for homework (the onus is on you to prove that to us) please explain a bit more about your variables and the calculation you're looking for. It looks like you have two variables: 1) employee annual wage, and 2) employee engagement percent. You also don't define what the turnover rate should be. While yes there is a sliding scale, you don't define what it is or how it should be calculated (i.e. linear, logarithmic, etc.).

3. abbyt1904

abbyt1904 Thread Starter

Ha, thanks. No, it's not homework. If I was still studying I'd be in a lot of trouble!!!

A colleague has gone off sick, had this engagement model dumped on me. Let me look at your points and see if I can work out what you mean....

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1147397

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice