1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: help with a facebook app

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by sanjays, Dec 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sanjays

sanjays Thread Starter

I have some ideas for a facebook app. It's not what you would call a great or brilliant one, but it sure is different. I need someone who can help me in creating this app. Apart from the fundamentals of C, C++ and HTML , I do not know much about programming. So, is there someone who could help me here?

2. shannon08

shannon08

Its great ideato build application, it will be helpful if you share in brief about the application....

3. sanjays

sanjays Thread Starter

Thanks for replying shannon08. I am willing to share my idea but I'm not sure how to proceed. Should I describe my idea here in public or should I send you a private message? No offence :) but how do I make sure I get the credit for my idea?
    PS sorry for my late reply. My connection was down for few days.

4. sanjays

sanjays Thread Starter

5. sanjays

sanjays Thread Starter

am I on the wrong site? :)

6. ckphilli

ckphilli

I don't think you're wrong. But you may consider providing some generic details about your ideas. Also, google is a great tool to answer a lot of your questions.

7. sanjays

sanjays Thread Starter

true!! but i'm not sure what to ask.. that's my problem.. what or who should I search for?

8. sanjays

sanjays Thread Starter

and about the idea.. it is based on smileys..

9. ckphilli

ckphilli

Have you gone through facebook's app tutorial?

10. sanjays

sanjays Thread Starter

reading it.. will post here if I have further doubts..
    but actually what I wanted to know was, is there someone who could help me with the creation of this app, take care of all the technical stuff? Where would I find such people?

11. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You're asking for someone to get into business with you and perform a service in exchange for money or software rights. That's a pretty serious situation to be randomly soliciting people in public forums for.

Yes, there are certainly people in the world who will go into business with you. I suggest you find those people through your own person and professional networks and not in a public tech support forum. Then have the appropriate contracts drawn up by a lawyer.

Anything you post here can easily be taken by someone else and turned into private intellectual property and used for commercial purposes.

12. sanjays

sanjays Thread Starter

thank you very much double helix. I'm total beginner here. I didn't realize that I'd require lawyers to sort out this stuff. Is there a simpler interface for this? Do you think I should continue?

13. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

I don't know what you mean by "simpler interface". Are you talking about your program or how to find a programmer? I already suggested you look within your own person and professional network. Talk to people you know and trust. Don't post what amount to public announcements and ads on the Internet looking for some random person to go into business with.

It's very concerning that you didn't realize this type of activity requires lawyers and contracts. You're talking about establishing a business relationship involving intellectual property, copyrights, and money. Are you young? Or do you live outside the US? If you're under 18, you can't legally enter into any contracts in the US. If you don't live in the US, I have no idea what type of laws are in place where you live.

14. sanjays

sanjays Thread Starter

ok I got it.. thank you very much for your advice.. And boxing day wishes.. :)

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!