1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Help with BSOD on my new PC

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by yashiro81, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. yashiro81

yashiro81 Thread Starter

Hello guys, i had another BSOD and its the same one over and over. i dont know what the problem is since i dont know how to read/interpret minidumps. can anyone please help me figure out my BSOD? i will post my minidump files for your viewing.

here are all the minidumps on the folder: View attachment DUMP.rar

edit: heres some information reagarding the windows error report

C:\DOCUME~1\rcm23\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERe803.dir00\Mini110107-01.dmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\rcm23\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERe803.dir00\sysdata.xml

error signature:

BCCode : 100000d1 BCP1 : 0004002D BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
    BCP4 : B633C331 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

2. devil_himself

devil_himself

Start > Run > eventvwr.msc > Copy and paste some of the recent errors

also ..

Navigate to C:\windows\minidump
    Zip some of the recent minidumps and attach them here

3. yashiro81

yashiro81 Thread Starter

here are screenshots:

***update: i was browsing around about "DCOM" and i found this

""that DCOM error is related to app_filter its part of the nvidia firewall

you can correct the error by adding the NTAUTHORITY/SERVICE user to launch and activation permissions for app_filter with local launch and activation permissions.

To do this go to Administrative tools-component services, in the treeview expand component services-computers-my computer-DCOM Config, right click on app_filter select properties, on the security tab select customize for launch and activation permissions and hit the edit button to open the launch permissions page, click the add button to open the user and group selection page, click advanced to open the select user or group page, click the find now button then scroll down through the list of users and groups untill you find SERVICE in the list and highlight it then click ok to return to the select users or groups page, click ok again to return to the launch permissions page, now you should see SERVICE in the list of users and groups for app_filter, highlight SERVICE and check local launch and local activation in the permissions for SERVICE, click ok again to return to app_filter properties page and click ok again, now you should be all the way back to the component services page and the SERVICE user has permissions so you wont get any more DCOM errors.""

Attached Files:

4. yashiro81

yashiro81 Thread Starter

5. devil_himself

devil_himself

I can't Get to Your Attached Dumps

Attached Them Again ..

Zip some of the recent minidumps .
    Click on "Go Advanced" Next to "Post Quick reply" ... Then Scroll Down For "Manage Attachments" Select the Zipped Minidumps and Click on Upload ...

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/647087

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice