1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Help with counting consecutive months Excel 2007

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Waktod, May 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Waktod

Waktod Thread Starter

I am looking for a way to count the number of consecutive months for a given name in excel 2007. I have names in one column and dates in another column. I want to put the number of consecutive months (using the date field) for each name in a new column. I have attached an example of some data. I would like to automatically populate the number in the count column.
    Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. Rockn

Rockn

What do you want to compare the date field to? You need to compare it to something to get a number of consecutive months?

3. edhicks

edhicks

Maybe the attached will help

Attached Files:

4. Rockn

Rockn

If you want to do start & stop dates for consecutive months you may need to format it a bit differently.

5. Waktod

Waktod Thread Starter

Rockn thanks for the reply, I am not sure what I would need to compare it to. I am just trying to count any time consecutive months show up for a users like user A had usage in months 9,10,11 I want that to show me he had 3.

edhicks thanks for the reply but I think that is counting the names I am really focused on just if the user has back to back months and the count of those months that are.

Appreciate the help but still looking for an idea.

6. edhicks

edhicks

I think this one does what you want.

Your thoughts?????

Attached Files:

7. Waktod

Waktod Thread Starter

Edhicks - Thank you so much this will work perfectly! And will save tons of time going through 1000's of users. Again thanks for the help issue solved.

8. edhicks

edhicks

waktod
    Your welcome..
    On this site
    "the difficult "we" do routinely, the impossible takes a little longer"
    lol

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/996434

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice