1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Help with Display Drivers

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by MizzRock, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MizzRock

MizzRock Thread Starter

I uninstalled and cleaned the old drivers off my computer, but there was an error, i just ignored it and cleaned again it was fine. I installed the new ones and now i can't watch youtube videos or videos at teenmusic.com I have flash player and all that, I'm thinking it's my display dirvers, when i had them uninstalled i was able to view these website's video's in fullscreen. Should i uninstall and clean and install the old ones?
    The only reason i uninstalled the old ones is because after i compressed the Hard drive for space this happened:

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c88/DOGGYDOGS15/?action=view&current=CLIP0487.flv

If you don't want to view the video then here's a description: Color resolution got stuck on 4 bit and the display got stuck on 680x400 (or something like that) and it was a mess. I installed new ones over that and it worked fine until i got to youtube and couldn't watch stuff in fullscreen, i then did what i mentioned above and still can't. Help anyone?

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I'm at a loss as to why you uninstalled the display driver in your computer. :confused: That's why the resolution setting is stuck at 640 X 480 and why the color palette setting is so low and the color is washed out. :(

What brand and model display adapter is in your computer? It'll be listed in the Device Manager in the Display Adapters sub-menu.

What version of Windows is in your computer?

---------------------------------------------------------------

3. MizzRock

MizzRock Thread Starter

In the video i didn't uninstall anything, it just randomly became like that after i restarted it. So i installed new ones over the ones that got messed up and no youtube, i uninstalled cleaned then reinstalled no youtube. I think the new drivers i have are wrong but here they are anyways
    I have Windows Xp Home Edition Service pack 2
    My display adaptor that i installed is Nvidia Geforce2 MX/MX 400 (which might be wrong)
    The display adaptors i had were Nvidia Geforce2 MX With Tv out. (might have been the 400 series) I can't remember where i wrote this down at.

4. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    This is the current display driver for the NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX400 for Windows XP:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_93.71_2.html

Download and save the driver.

Uninstall the current driver, then restart.

Install the current driver, then restart again.

Go into Control Panel - Display, then set the resolution, color palette, and refresh rate.

5. MizzRock

MizzRock Thread Starter

Thanks man I'll do that and post what happens.

6. MizzRock

MizzRock Thread Starter

Wait a minute i already have these drivers installed.
    These are the drivers i installed after the regular ones messed up, in the video i posted.
    So what do i do? I already uninstalled and reinstalled and still can't play fullscreen vdieos, i even installed firefox and still can't play videos (from youtube and a couple other sites) in fullscreen. Man i wish i had a new computer. :(

7. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    I don't use Firefox or U-Tube, so I can't help you there.

You might try downloading and installing K-Lite Codec Pack Full 4.17 from:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_klite_codec_pack/

It provides a long list of audio and video codecs that may solve your problem. It works great for me when I want to watch on-line video clips or watch a DVD movie in my computer.

-------------------------------------------------------------

8. MizzRock

MizzRock Thread Starter

I don't use firefox either, i only downloaded it to see if internet explorer was working fine. Alright i'll download that and see if it fixes the problem, thanks for helping :)

9. MizzRock

MizzRock Thread Starter

Okay, i did not install the codec's yet, and i went to play a dvd in my computer and windows media player kept getting errors, this never happened with my old video drivers. I think the drivers might've messed everything up, i might've gotten the wrong ones. I have the disc that came with the computer, do those have the old drivers i had on it?

10. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Are you still using Windows Media Player 9, or have you upgraded to 10 or 11?

When I used to try to play a DVD movie in my computer with Windows Media Player, I'd get an error message that some codec was missing and needed. After I installed the K-Lite codec pack, I never had that problem again.

--------------------------------------------------------------

11. MizzRock

MizzRock Thread Starter

I get an error report thing. And im using wmp10 cause 11doesnt work, i dont have enough ram for it to work. i installed the codec's but it still wouldnt work. Wow.

12. MizzRock

MizzRock Thread Starter

I think i solved the problem ive been having for months! i can now play youtube vids on my computer. in fullscreen i mean. i uninstalled the display drivers, they might possibly still be instawlled because wen i go to display settings it still says i have drivers installed. ANYWAYS i fixed it! i will try and play the dvd now

13. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Your computer must have some display driver still installed. If it didn't, the resolution would be stuck at 640 X 480 and the color would be washed out and stuck at 16-color.

At least you got your U-Tube working again. (y)

14. MizzRock

MizzRock Thread Starter

I uninstalled then i think the computer installed the old ones, cause now it says 64mb nividia geforce 2 mx with tv out, that's what it was originally. So im glad everything works now, even my dvd plays! I must have had some old remains when i installed the new ones, i cleaned with driver sweeper but it had an error in the cleaning. Im glad it had an error because now all the new driver remains are off my computer and now its just the old ones, which work fine.
    Hopefully they dont mess up again.

15. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    OK, good. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Be careful using "scanners", "cleaners", "optimizers", etc. because they can do more harm than good - especially if they won't fully function or allow you to download needed files unless you buy them. (n)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756092

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice