Solved: Help with download I can't get rid of

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Shaymyst

Hi!

I am hoping someone can help me with a program I can not get rid of. While my nephew was staying with me, he downloaded and ran a game called Plane Shift (on online mmorpg) and now that he is gone I would like to remove it. I try to delete it but the error message states that it can not be deleted because "it is being used by another person or program. Close any programs that might be using the file and try again" How would I find out what programs would be using this file and delete it?

Background: I am using Windows XP. The program in question requires Bit Torrent to open and I have already cancelled Bit Torrent from running it but it still won't delete.

If anyone coud help me with this I would greatly appreciate it.

Shay

Shaymyst

Unfortunately I am getting the same error in Safe mode as I was in normal windows mode. I tried being logged in as adminisrator and my normal log in for windows and neither work. Is there some way I can trace what program may be running this application and work from there?

Shay

PS thank you for your suggestion tho.

Shaymyst

Thank you!!

That program took care of the application. Thank you for the help both posts have offered.

Shay

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online