1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Help with Excel 2007

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Tess2, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tess2

Tess2 Thread Starter

Hi,

I'm having trouble saving charts in Excel 2007. I would like to draw one chart, save that and then change my input data and draw a new chart to compare with. The problem is that when I change the input data the first chart also changes (even if I have moved it to Word or Power Point).

Is there any way to lock of freeze the first chart so that it doesn't automaticaly update when I change the input data?

Thanks!

2. Pedro15

Pedro15

Not familiar with 2007 but are you going "save as" and creating a new file , on each occasion. If not that could be the reason. Pedro

3. Tess2

Tess2 Thread Starter

Thanks, that solves the problem.
    But I still wish there was an easier way of doing it. This way I get a whole bunch of different documents to keep track of when I really only need the differerent charts.

4. Pedro15

Pedro15

If you create a template for your chart and use this each time for a new chart and go "save as" with name of file this will mean your template remains unaltered. Pedro

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759633

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice