1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Help with Formula's Excel 2007

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by irvinbang, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. irvinbang

irvinbang Thread Starter

If i have a Formula in A1 that says =IF(B1>0,C1,"")

Now lets say that when it calculates in A1 what ever is in B1 when C1 is greater than 0.

Now A1 has the number .8 from the calculation, but it needs to be at least 2. (No matter what the number is it always has to be at least 2.

How do i have the formula state that in A1 if there is a number under 2 that it will replace that number with 2. So if after you put in a number to B1 and it gives you anything under the number 2 in A1 it will replace that number and have a 2 there.

So the number in A1 no matter what the calculation will never go below the number 2.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Attached Files:

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    I think you have something backwards. The formula you gave checks if the contents of B1, not C1, is greater than 0. If that is true, then A1 is equal to the contents of C1, not B1.

After looking at your formula in your attached file, see if this formula will give you the desired results:
    Code:
    =IF(B1>0,MAX(C1,2),"")

3. irvinbang

irvinbang Thread Starter

works thanks for that! big help. love this site!

4. cwwozniak

First Name:
    Chuck
    You're welcome. (y)

5. irvinbang

irvinbang Thread Starter

So now just a question how would i be able to input the ,Max if i had a formula like:

=IF(SUM(U11,U12,U13,U14)=0,"",SUM(U11,U12,U13,U14))

If I needed the Max number to be 3.

6. cwwozniak

First Name:
    Chuck
    Do you mean that the maximum number to be returned is the lesser of 3 or SUM(U11,U12,U13,U14)? If so, the formula would be:
    Code:
    =IF(SUM(U11,U12,U13,U14)=0,"",MIN(3,SUM(U11,U12,U13,U14)))

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088477

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice