1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: help with hawking dish signal booster!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fretman08, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fretman08

fretman08 Thread Starter

ok so i have a hawking signal booster to help me get a signal from about 100 feet away. i recently got a new motherboard and processor and windows 7. i lost the disc to the hawking unit but found drivers online. but when i download the drivers it just opens up a zip file. idk what to do from there. any help??

2. olryst

olryst

Have you tried extracting the zip file.

Whats in it, is there an exe file?

3. fretman08

fretman08 Thread Starter

well i used j zip and it just showed tons of files that were compressed. idk what to do now. and i dont know about the exe

4. olryst

olryst

Did you extract(decompress) the compressed files?

Try winrar instead.

5. fretman08

fretman08 Thread Starter

yes...i extracted them to my documents...i clicked on one that said set up..and it took me through a set up but nothing happened....

6. olryst

olryst

Did you make sure you downloaded the driver for your version of windows.

If you did try going to device manager, right click on the relevent hardware and go update driver, then browse my computer.

Then point it to the folder that the driver is in.

7. fretman08

fretman08 Thread Starter

i tried this too...no luck :(

8. vicks

vicks

I too have a Hawkins amplified antena signal booster (looks like a little satellite dish). At present time, they don't have drivers for Win 7. I tried to use the Vista drivers, no luck... I contacted them and the reply is that they are working on getting drivers for it. They said they will notify me when they have them.,
    Vicks

9. fretman08

fretman08 Thread Starter

ok...well then my question is what could i use instead of the hawking to do the job of getting better signal that is compatible with windows 7?

10. olryst

olryst

You could try something i've read on the internet about vista drivers in win 7.

Right click on the exe file and go to compatibilty tab, tick run this porgram in compatbilty mode for and select windows vista.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972912

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice