Solved: Help with hotmail account

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

avie

Trying to help set up hot mail account for my friend from my Vista and Firefox computer. Will it work? I do not have a MS live account or use IE browser. (Her account will not be in my computer. It is for her to use from other remotes locations).
TIA

fairnooks

Banned
Hotmail is web-interface so it should work no problem-I think only MS updates require IE or IE extension in FF. You are the one who will end up with all the setup info though (password, email address, etc.) so you'll have to get all that to the friend after the fact.

avie

Hotmail is web-interface so it should work no problem-I think only MS updates require IE or IE extension in FF. You are the one who will end up with all the setup info though (password, email address, etc.) so you'll have to get all that to the friend after the fact.
Thanks for info. Friend was here. She doesn't have a computer.
Interestingly , that I could not send her a web link from my yahoo mail today. And her address is not in my contacts so when I type her name it comes up in red in the address bar. Her address shows in one contacts list on yahoo mail page, BUT not on the contacts list proper.

Should I contact Yahoo about this problem?
TIA

avie

Thanks for info. Friend was here. She doesn't have a computer.
Interestingly , that I could not send her a web link from my yahoo mail today. And her address is not in my contacts so when I type her name it comes up in red in the address bar. Her address shows in one contacts list on yahoo mail page, BUT not on the contacts list proper.

Should I contact Yahoo about this problem?
TIA

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts