1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Help With Microsoft Works!

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by hellwaits4U, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hellwaits4U

hellwaits4U Thread Starter

The pre-installed version of Microsoft Works on my "Recently" purchased PC (Gateway, Windows 7, 64-bit) is malfunctioning. I am being prompted to re-install Works. Because it was pre-installed, and not a "trial", I am seeking information about being able to re-download for free. Is there a free version, or should I possibly be able to correct the problem using System Restore?

2. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

3. hellwaits4U

Thank You, Richard, for Your response! I will have to do some research about OpenOffice. But, may I ask You about it also (I am trusting You have used and/or are familiar with it)? Does it have some of the advantages of Microsoft Works? I use Works for addressing envelopes, creating business cards, Calendar, and some of the other spreadsheet templates (I think that is what the name is for things like "Vehicle Maintenance Log" & similar "fill-in-the-blank" type logs available in Works)?

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Since this came with your Gateway machine, Gateway should be able to get you a copy.
    There are no Free versions out there.

5. 1002richards

I believe it does all that with some research like any other new prog. Also, Works is not Word-compatible whereas OpenOffice is compatible with Word, Excel & Powerpoint etc.

6. hellwaits4U

I have installed the OpenOffice program and will continue exploring it's many facets. Thank You VERY MUCH for the "tech support", Guy!!!

7. 1002richards

You're welcome ... hope it's providing what you need.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914626

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice