1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Help With Motherboard Choice

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rhorne4, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhorne4

rhorne4 Thread Starter

I Am Trying To Choose A Mb To Build A New Computer And All The Choices Have My Head Spinning. Can Someone Give Me Some Ideas. I Want To Run An Intel P4 2.8/3.0 Processor, Im Am Not Into Hard Core Gameing I Just Want A Very Good,stable.fast System. I Will Be Running Windows Xp,have Not Decided On Memory Yet.i Know Pretty Well Everything I Am Going To Buy,just Having Trouble With My Mb Choices. Any Help Anybody Can Give Will Be Greatly Appreciated. Thanks!!!!!!!!!

P.s. I Want Onboard Sata,onboard Lan,onboard Sound Ok Because I Am Going To Use A Sound Card,4 Dimm Slots,at Least 5 Pci Slots But No Onboard Video.maby In The Intel Or Asus Brands.

2. ranger007

ranger007

For what it is worth, I have been happy with a Gigabyte board and my most recent purchase, a couple of weeks ago was an ASUS brand, which also has a good reputation. So far so good. Both (as far as I can tell) come in a pretty good range of prices and features. For your info, both of mine use AMD CPU's.

I'll let others tell you what to avoid. Good luck!

3. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273504

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice