Solved: Help With Motherboard Choice

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rhorne4

I Am Trying To Choose A Mb To Build A New Computer And All The Choices Have My Head Spinning. Can Someone Give Me Some Ideas. I Want To Run An Intel P4 2.8/3.0 Processor, Im Am Not Into Hard Core Gameing I Just Want A Very Good,stable.fast System. I Will Be Running Windows Xp,have Not Decided On Memory Yet.i Know Pretty Well Everything I Am Going To Buy,just Having Trouble With My Mb Choices. Any Help Anybody Can Give Will Be Greatly Appreciated. Thanks!!!!!!!!!

P.s. I Want Onboard Sata,onboard Lan,onboard Sound Ok Because I Am Going To Use A Sound Card,4 Dimm Slots,at Least 5 Pci Slots But No Onboard Video.maby In The Intel Or Asus Brands.

For what it is worth, I have been happy with a Gigabyte board and my most recent purchase, a couple of weeks ago was an ASUS brand, which also has a good reputation. So far so good. Both (as far as I can tell) come in a pretty good range of prices and features. For your info, both of mine use AMD CPU's.

I'll let others tell you what to avoid. Good luck!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online