1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: help with reformatting

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by gc1986, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gc1986

gc1986 Thread Starter

When I try to format my Acer laptop (which I have done twice before and have had no problems with doing so) this time, when putting in the recovery dics and going through the same procedure, it halts the process and a message comes up saying "Error#88: unable to find drive specified" and I have no clue what to do about it. I'm not sure if this is a general problem or one just linked with an Acer.
    Any help is much appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Dan O

Dan O

3. gc1986

gc1986 Thread Starter

Thanks for your help, I managed to fiddle about with a few things and got it up and running and am now using my computer after i have reformated it.

4. Dan O

Dan O

That's great news. Can you share what you did so I can learn, which may others as well?

I will also mark your thread solved.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!