1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: HELP with SATA to USB on my PS3 HDD

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Antman1787, Nov 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antman1787

Antman1787 Thread Starter

First off, Im new to the forum and really hoping to find some help! I am trying to connect my PS3 HDD to my PC to wipe the HDD.

My PS3 has been freezing and giving me a corrupt HDD error and I have tried every way possible through my PS3 to reset and reformat the system and drive. This is my last option and Im trying it because it worked for few people Ive read about online. Id rather save my money and not buy a new HDD so Im hoping someone here can help me solve my problem!

I bought a really cheap SATA to USB cable from ebay and the problem im having is the connection doesnt line up with the HDD. This is the link for the cable I bought

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-USB-2-0...950?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c5b321176

and my PS3 HDD doesnt have any visible pins that I can plug into the cable I bought. Did I get the wrong cable or am I missing something?

HELP ME PLEASE!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028037

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice