1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Help with setting up webserver-im a noob

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by smokeyzebra, Feb 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. smokeyzebra

smokeyzebra Thread Starter

Hello

I need help with filezilla or my server. The server is running ubuntu 14.04 and filezilla 3.9.0.6. The server is on the LAN network and I dont have a domain name for it. I keep getting the error I have checked windows firewall.

Status: Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server".
    Error: Could not connect to server

2. JiminSA

JiminSA

First Name:
    Jim
    Either there is no FTP server running at that address or some firewall is preventing the connection. If the former then take a look at this

3. smokeyzebra

Thank you for posting. This article is for windows and I am running ubuntu. I have set up LAMP on the server so apache, my sql and php do I need to install any FTP stuff ? I have checked all of the firewalls my PC one, the server and I believe BT dont block port 21 https://forums.powweb.com/showthread.php?t=85050 so ye

4. JiminSA

JiminSA

First Name:
    Jim
    i am not very familiar with Ubuntu FTP processing - especially LAMP. But I'm hoping that this link will give you insight (Section 9. Networking)

5. smokeyzebra

Thank you so much. when I said I was a noob I really am a noob. I didn't install vsftpd, massive face palm ;)

6. JiminSA

JiminSA

First Name:
    Jim
    hey no problem smokeyzebra, just hope you got it sorted!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1143318

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice