1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Help with System Configuration Error

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by nruhlig, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nruhlig

nruhlig Thread Starter

My Father-in-Law brought over the computer we gave him for Christmas and said it was not working. I started it up and got this message "your system has detected a configuration error. Please report this error to customer care...blah blah" I tried a system recovery but it had no effect. I tried clearing the cmos and that had no effect either. I tried using the recovery cd's that I made for it and got a message saying the cd's were not for the correct model?!?!?! What is going on here?

PC Info:
    HP Pavilion a430n
    XP sp1

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks in advance

-Nate

2. Sponsor

3. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

For this model the question I have is how did you make those recovery cd's and how many of them are there?

4. nruhlig

nruhlig Thread Starter

I remember the computer asking me to make the recovery disks one day. I made them even though I didn't know what they were ate the time and stuck them in with the original docs and manuals that came with the computer. There are 8 recovery cd's total I just followed the instructions and burned them to cd-r's.

5. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

If they were made on this computer then they should work on it. Most computer recovery disk are made specifically for the processor that is in the computer and will only be unrecognized by that computer. I think you got the wrong disks. The best way around this is to call HP and try to get new recovery disks. The only other way is to purchase the Windows install software from a local retailer.

6. nruhlig

nruhlig Thread Starter

This is not possible, I have never made recovory disks before those and have never made any after them either.

7. nruhlig

nruhlig Thread Starter

double post

8. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

You still have to call HP this is the only way other than by purchasing the Microsoft Windows software installation disks.

9. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

What is the processor on your computer?

10. nruhlig

nruhlig Thread Starter

Processor is an AMD XP 3200+

The computer was purchased around 3 ears ago at Bestbuy.

We gave it to the Father-in-Law for Christmas because he need a computer, but all he has done with it is constantly infected it with viruses :(

11. kenshell

kenshell

So what was the outcome with this error?

Thanks

12. nruhlig

nruhlig Thread Starter

Sorry, I forgot all about this thread :eek:

I eventually called HP for support and they had me do another destructive system recovery. After that didn't work they said I needed to take the computer in for service because the recovery partition was corrupted. Instead I just popped in one of my OEM XP Home cd's and just reinstalled using the product key on the side of the case. I had to call to activate but it has been running fine ever since.

I guess I should mark this thread as solved :eek:

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544168