1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Help with Windows 8

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by angel-indisguise, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. angel-indisguise

angel-indisguise Thread Starter

I just bought my son a laptop nothing fancy his first and it has windows 8, He wanted Itunes and when I got to download it nothing happens? It shows it is downloading and then the window dissapears at the end like it downloaded but it is not there. When I go into programs it is also not listed there. Can someone tell me if I am doing something wrong? I am not fimiliar with the new windows 8 at all.

Thank you!

2. papaschlumpf

papaschlumpf

try going into downloads, click on your documents and on the left hand side you will see downloads it should be in there

3. dai

dai

4. angel-indisguise

Great I will try this. Thank you!

5. papaschlumpf

papaschlumpf

Did it work?

6. angel-indisguise

I am sorry it took me so long to get back. I have been ill and not on the computer. It did not work it is not in documents and when I go to downloads there is nothing there. When I used the web address as posted on here and once I click on it the screen comes up that says thank you for downloading Itunes.....But it never even shows that is was downloading just goes to the thank you screen.. Again this is for windows 8 do we need to do something different?

Thanks

7. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

8. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

angel-indisguise

Hope you are recovered
    Have you had chance to look at my post 7

9. davehc

davehc Retired Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    David
    One thing you could try, to avoid downloading again, - Top right in IE, there is a small "gear" icon. Click it and select "View Downloads". If you did download ITunes, it should pop up there. If you are successful, make a note of the location, for future use.

10. angel-indisguise

okay so we got itunes downloaded and now the issue is that my son plugged his ipod 5th generation in to sync his music and it told him he needed to update so he followed the instructions and now something is wrong with his ipod touch. It has the screen on it that looks like the usb cord and about that is the itunes symbol and it will not let him do anything else. It is like it is frooze and he can not get to any screen on his ipod. Does anyone know why it did this and what he can do now? Thanks for all the help so far!!!

11. angel-indisguise

12. golddust

golddust

I've been doing some looking around and it seems Apple and Windows 8 haven't been getting along too well. It isn't something you did or didn't do Better check back with Apple's support for your Ipod model to see if they have come up with a fix yet. Microsoft has said they would welcome an Itunes app for the Microsoft App Store but none seems to be forthcoming.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!