1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: help with windows explorer.....

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bleepster, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bleepster

bleepster Thread Starter

Running windows XP and when I am in windows explorer, is there a way for me to display the SIZE of a folder? all i can get to show up is the folder NAME, TYPE and DATE MODIFIED.

I am hoping there is a way for me to view the SIZE of that folder.

what I am looking to do is delete folders with a size of ZERO from a certian directory on my hard drive, and I dont want to have to go thru hundreds of folders individually and see whats in them.

thanks for any help you can offer

2. bleepster

bleepster Thread Starter

3. techychick

techychick

4. Tufenuf

Tufenuf

bleepster, Start>Control Panel>Folder Options>View tab, checkmark "Display file size information in folder tips", click Apply/OK.

Tufenuf

5. bleepster

bleepster Thread Starter

^^ that is already checked - thanks for the tip. However - that does not give you the size of the folder in the display window.

the red circle on the attached image is what I was looking for. Originally I thought it could be displayed in the blue circle

Attached Files:

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702304

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice