Solved: Help?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

techy689

Alright quick question... is there any way to see the contents of a file/image that needs to be burned, before you actually burn it t cd?

s4baz said:
Alright quick question... is there any way to see the contents of a file/image that needs to be burned, before you actually burn it t cd?
maybe some more explaination would help. example such as the last 3, .exe .dll .jpg .bmp
or maybe the program you use to burn it.

techy689

alright.. well i just downloaded a image from microsoft which is used to use the system restore feature while starting your computer because it boots from an image/floppy/cd/etc.... however, when I click on the downloaded item it opens up Sonic CD/DVD Burning Utility.... I want to put this on a floppy... so exactly what do i do... i have never tried this before.

Sounds like an iso. Not sure how you'd go around doing that. However, see if you can find out what kind of file you're talking about. Right click it and get the extension which ends with something like this .iso, .txt, .doc, and such.

Hmmm...that'd present a problem. You want to see it first without the software opening it, correct? I'm not sure how you'd do that, but I think...you'd need to burn it to CD with the burning software, then check out the contents of the .iso after it's been burned from the CD.

Litm that sounds correct. I know that in WINRAR you could see the files. it's harmless to write them to a cd THen open it

Basically, yeah since I have an .iso but I really can't burn it yet, as I'd need a DVD burner for that.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online