1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Help?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by techy689, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. techy689

techy689 Thread Starter

Alright quick question... is there any way to see the contents of a file/image that needs to be burned, before you actually burn it t cd?

2. LitomoSilver

LitomoSilver

Sure. Windows Explorer or wherever you've got your files saved at before burning it.

3. Drew7997

Drew7997

maybe some more explaination would help. example such as the last 3, .exe .dll .jpg .bmp
    or maybe the program you use to burn it.

4. techy689

techy689 Thread Starter

alright.. well i just downloaded a image from microsoft which is used to use the system restore feature while starting your computer because it boots from an image/floppy/cd/etc.... however, when I click on the downloaded item it opens up Sonic CD/DVD Burning Utility.... I want to put this on a floppy... so exactly what do i do... i have never tried this before.

5. LitomoSilver

LitomoSilver

Sounds like an iso. Not sure how you'd go around doing that. However, see if you can find out what kind of file you're talking about. Right click it and get the extension which ends with something like this .iso, .txt, .doc, and such.

6. techy689

techy689 Thread Starter

Yea it is an ISO..

7. LitomoSilver

LitomoSilver

Hmmm...that'd present a problem. You want to see it first without the software opening it, correct? I'm not sure how you'd do that, but I think...you'd need to burn it to CD with the burning software, then check out the contents of the .iso after it's been burned from the CD.

8. Drew7997

Drew7997

Litm that sounds correct. I know that in WINRAR you could see the files. it's harmless to write them to a cd THen open it

9. LitomoSilver

LitomoSilver

Basically, yeah since I have an .iso but I really can't burn it yet, as I'd need a DVD burner for that.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536415

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice