1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: :( help!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by greed, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. greed

greed Thread Starter

Ok i'm getting sick of this, today my computer once again decided it was not going to work. i'd left it on overnight as i do everynight, came to it this morning and it was asking me to insert a correct boot device.

restarted the computer and selected xp to boot and got a blue screen. restarted again and then it refused to detect any of my 4 internal drives on the bios and asked my to insert correct boot media.

unplugged at mains, left for 5 mins plugged back in and it booted vista no problems. restarted the computer, it froze on the mb splash screen and did nothing for 3 attempts, 4th time i managed to boot xp in safe mode fine as normal.

reset computer again and got the same blue screen as i clicked which account to login to on xp (got that far this time!)

another few restarts of no devices detected, i then unplugged everything in the back, plugged in the essentials and its let me on xp now in normal mode. I got 2 red cross errors when it finished booting, one about C++ something and one about runtime fatal error and this is where i am now. norton has disabled itself and i can't open the window to see why. other than that its working as normal...

any ideas??!??!??

EDIT:
    ok it just crashed again with another blue screen. a couple more failed resets again as before and now it booted up fine with no errors! :'( why can't it just work properly!

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

I'd guess a power supply problem.

3. greed

greed Thread Starter

i'd suspected as much, problems began around the time when i replaced various things 4 months ago one thing being the psu... i'll investigate that...

4. greed

greed Thread Starter

ok so it crashed again today so i have put my old psu back in the pc. will see how it is over this week, if nothing goes wrong i will assume its the new psu and will get it replaced.

5. greed

greed Thread Starter

well no more crashing. was definitely the PSU. Got it replaced under warranty. not put the new one in yet still on old one which is working fine still.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753590

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice