1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Heres something Interesting

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by MLTX_1, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MLTX_1

MLTX_1 Thread Starter

I have found out that if you download and install Netscape Navigator 7.2, It runs faster than Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. It also does a good job in keeping out pop-ups and ads. The only problem is, if you play on websites that require you to have a window pop-up then you may have a problem. Here are two tricks with NetNav 7.2...

Faster Browsing
    Goto:
    Edit>Preferences>Advanced>HTTP Networking and Click on both sides "Enable Pipelining

Ads..
    Goto:
    Edit>Preferences>Privacy and Security>Popup Windows and click on Allowed sites and type in the site you want. If that dont work than just disable the feature. If you have Norton Internet Security (the best) than that does most of the work.

2. da_ab

da_ab

net nav contains the weather channel,
    is that some kind of spyware and can you opt not to accept it and still use use the browser?

3. Big-K

Big-K

I'll stick with firefox.

4. mach9

mach9

Big-K:
    DITTO. With a few extensions and themes, meets all my browser needs handily. (y)

5. t bone

t bone

firefox can also do the pipeline trick

6. MLTX_1

MLTX_1 Thread Starter

I;ve really never used mozilla "Firefox", but i do know that NetNav has some parts made by mozilla, i am not sure if they are partnered or not?

7. MLTX_1

MLTX_1 Thread Starter

to da_ab, true, but yes you can choose not to use it during the installation of NetNav 7.2, and even then it can be used on the toolbar on the right side. But if you are worried about spyware, there are two programs out there that you need:

Norton Internet Security (Wal-Mart: 49.99 area)

Spybot S&D (download off the net)

8. Big-K

Big-K

As I remember, Netscape Navigator is based off of Mozilla's code.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/323780

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice