Solved: Hi First time poster! Having a problem with MS Outlook Express

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

spencka

My g/f's outlook express is suddenly showing (+) next to many of her e-mails. When I select the (+), the e-mail expands to show even more e-mails. These pluses are on the right side (new and not wanted) and left sides (have been there inserted by her and wanted) of her mail. Any suggestions how to get rid of these expanded views of her e-mail?

Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/tags/computer/Microsoft?r=ppc|ga|1|Computer|Microsoft&JPKW=microsoft%20support&JPDC=C&JPST=www.5starsupport.com&JPAD=3468639783&JPAF=txt&JPCD=20100322&JPRC=1&JPOP=Omar_DL-CallToAction_NoCallToAction&gclid=CMe9n9nb16ACFYuV7QodKQ4fDQ#ixzz0jKmXdTzx

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Hi spencka

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

In Outlook Express:
Tools > Options > Read tab
Place a check mark in: Automatically expand grouped messages
Click: Apply, OK to save and close.

All the message Conversations should now be expanded.

The following will ungroup the Conversations:
View > Current View > Group by Conversation
Repeating this step will toggle the conversation grouping on and off.

Also, check to see that Show All Messages is ticked for:
View > Current View

Let us know if that works for you or not.

spencka

Thanks for the quick response! Your right, it did expand all of her messages (e-mails). Also, all of the (+) are gone, but because the messages are in expanded view - they have converted to (-)'s. How do I get rid of these? I am familiar with these expanded views on the left side of the screen, but never seen them on the right side where the messages (e-mails) are?

Thanks again!!

spencka

Hello again!!

Just a note to let you know I re-read your instructions, and accomplished step two - We now have resolved the problem!!! Thanks so much!!! I'm telling all my friends about your great site!!!

Thanks again!!!

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Thanks for posting back and letting us know the outcome! Happy to hear we could be of assistance. :)

You can mark your thread solved using the Mark Solved button at the top of the page, under the thread title.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online