Solved: hibernate and stand by

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mrtim13x

i just reinstalled windows and got it activated, as windows genuine, via windows, but for some reason hibernate and stand by still are not enabled, and i cant figure out why. its win xp pro/media center 2005

Have you checked your settings in Control Panel >> Power Options to see if Hibernate is enabled and Stand by is configured?

mrtim13x

the only options are power schemes, advanced, and the Battery backup setup

What make/model is your computer. E.g Dell Latitude 110L.

You can set your system standby under the Power Schemes tab.

Let me know the model and I will research further. Also, have you ever gotten the hibernate tab to show up, even before reinstalling windows?

Thanks,
E

TerryNet

Terry
Just had the same problem on my Dell laptop after a fresh install. As soon as I installed a correct (Nvidia) Video Controller driver (and some others, but I think that's the one that made the difference) and Restarted I had Standby and Hibernate available.

mrtim13x

the computer is home built

Asrock P43 Twins1600
3x SATA HDD
2x IDE HDD
4x 1Gb Crucial DDR2 @ 800MHz
Intel Pentium Dual Core E2200 @ 800MHz
Sapphire HD 2600XT

and @ TerryNet
you video drivers solution might be what i am looking for, because i have not had time to reinstall anything, including my video card drivers.

mrtim13x

all right i got all of my drivers installed and that fixed it. it looks like it was my graphics card drivers. thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online