1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Hibernation/Sleep randomly for no reason

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Talavaj, Jun 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talavaj

Talavaj Thread Starter

Since this morning my desktop acts weird, at first my keyboard gone apecrap (not necessarily related to the case) and shortly afterwards I've experienced a random sleep/hibernation lock up something along the lines of:
    went into non-responding black screen and after a couple of seconds (as if it did reboot) I was presented to windows 7 user selection screen
    followed by another instance of the same roughly one hour after the first.

After like 4 hours during which I've not experienced any more lock ups it started doing again, went to sleep and as soon as I logged back in it immediately logged me out again.
    Now I can't run anything even the slightest bit demanding without being booted out of my account back into sleep.

Seeing how one of my RAM sticks died a couple of weeks ago for no reason I suspect my PSU going awry, I'm using speedfan and it did not show any abnormal temperatures during the logoffs.
    I've also checked event viewer and all it does list are logoffs type 2

Any idea what might be the cause ? if it indeed is Power source is there any way for me to confirm ?
    thanks in advance !

EDIT: probably just nuked keyboard as it, after a bit of research, turned out to occur just when alt and tab are pressed at once

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1058119

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice