1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Highmat

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by guitarelf, Jan 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. guitarelf

guitarelf Thread Starter

I have somehow managed to save a batch of photos to CD with the following extension:
    T96.HMT, T97.HMT etc., etc.. I believe this is Highmat format. Each file also has the IRFANVIEW logo on (I have IRFANVIEW 3.98) I tried to perform a "batch conversion" in IRFANVIEW to convert the pics back to jpeg, but nothing doing!! I have Windows HIGHMAT extension installed but Windows can't open the files, only IRFANVIEW can.
    Am I missing something here; am I stuck with this format for these pics or can they be converted; anyone brave enough to tell me how I might have got myself into this mess!!

Windows XP(HOME) sp2, all critical updates/IRFANVIEW 3.98/ZoomBrowser Ex
    Thanks in antis,
    Happy New Year,
    Guitarelf. :confused: ;) :)

2. slipe

slipe

Will Irfanview let you save an individual image as JPG? If not, does it offer any other choices in the “Save as” menu?

You might make sure you have the latest Irfanview plug-ins and try the conversion again.

Evidently the Windows record wizard lets you choose HighMAT. I haven’t used it and don’t plan to unless you find a solution.

The HighMAT viewer page has this note:
    “Although HighMAT adds additional files to a disc for navigational and performance purposes, it stores all supported file types in their native format.”
    There is a selection to "Display the parent folder". You might be able to extract the JPGs from there. http://www.highmat.com/download/help_viewer.asp#highmatviewer_main

3. guitarelf

guitarelf Thread Starter

Thank you slipe, for the detailed reply. Much to do & think about here. I can't do much about all this for a day or two, but WILL post with progress & info as soon as I can. (y) :)

4. guitarelf

guitarelf Thread Starter

This is as far as I have got:
    1. Rightclicking on the IRFANVIEW file gave me "open with...." & allowed me to choose Windows fax viewer which will open the file.
    2. Each picture is thumbnail size & appears in a small dialogue box.
    3. It is not possible to generate a slide show.
    4. Only one picture can be viewed at a time.
    5. Only one picture can be printed at a time.
    6. You cannot resize the pictures.
    7. If the original jpegs exist, I'm damned if I can find them!

I would be exceedingly p***** off if I had lost the pictures. At least they're safe....just hobbit-sized!! :mad: :( ;) :)

5. slipe

slipe

The HighMAT viewer didn't work?

6. guitarelf

guitarelf Thread Starter

:eek: :eek: :eek: I can't find it!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

7. guitarelf

guitarelf Thread Starter

Ok, I found it, trouble is, if I try to open my HMT files, it tells me they are not...."valid HighMAT Accelerator files". When I hover the pointer over the file, it identifies it as an "accelerator file". :confused: :confused: :(
    GElf.

8. guitarelf

guitarelf Thread Starter

Didn't realise that the HIGHMAT VIEWER needs to read off a disc. I was trying to open files from "My Pictures"....told you I'd lead a sheltered life!! So all pics viewed, all "missing" jpegs found & I've done what I wanted to do in the first place, email some lovely photos of two of my grandchildren,
    Life is Good!!
    Guitarelf. (y) :) :D (y)

Just noticed....I made it to Senior Member...just gets better & better!

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/432872

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice