1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: hijackthis log and problems

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by khash, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. khash

khash Thread Starter

as well as the log i have sent, i need some help on my computer. i bought this PC bit by bit from ebuyer, i put all the gear together with help from a friend and everything worked fine, there was the odd hic-up now and then but it worked ok after a tinker here and there.

as my specification says its not exactly a slow machine (i also know its fairly obsolete now) but after about 2 months of having this pc up and running it had a problem with a hard drive i bought (which was a seagate 80gb which is now out of the pc), i played star wars battlefront online effortlessly and anarchy online, and also the elite style space game X3 which played wonderfully. But after the hard drive problem.. everything seemed to just slow... loading times are a joke now, battle front used to load right in smoothly but now is embaressing slow, same with X, and anarchy online is just as bad, but this isn't the worst problem. when i try to do simple things on the computer such as bring *my computer* up or window media player it takes an age and the time it takes to boot up the pc is around 7-8 mins, it never used to be this slow.

my uncle has a "dell" pc which is a 2.8 ghz celeron with 1gb memory, 64mb of intel onboard "ixtreme graphics", on board stereo sound (which doesn't work btw), and a 30gb
    IDE hard drive, and it looks awesome compared to mine when booting and loading which is highly embaressing when im tapping my fingers on the top waiting... admittedly though when im actually "in" the games i play or the programs. it runs "o.k", well...faster than the dell.

one more thing: im addicted to anarchy online, and ive just started a account on youtube to create silly videos on there, im using *fraps* video capture software and AGAIN! the dell makes mine look like its walking through treacle when i watch the final recorded product...

please help!!

athlon 64 3500+
    nvidea geforce 6600 GT
    window xp 64 HE
    Av8 socket eye motherboard
    x2 512mb kingston ram
    HP W20 LCD monitor 21 inch widescreen
    120gb internal hard drive
    200gb external drive

Attached Files:

2. khash

khash Thread Starter

bump

3. khash

khash Thread Starter

bump

4. khash

khash Thread Starter

even though ive got no replies, ive managed to fix my problem.. it just so happens it was all a coincedence and my hard drive packed up about the time my mother board had new drivers available, though id still like some feedback on my hijackthis log please

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/596966

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice