[Solved] HIMEM.SYS Missing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JW9T69

I was attempting to move to a faster motherboard.

Specs:
Amptron M748LMRT, Celeron 400, 128mb pc133, 13.6 gb hdd, win98se.

I went into safemode and removed all devices from the system, then, pulled the processor, ram, and hard drive from a working pc.

After putting it together, I get the following error during boot up:

Windows XMS Driver Version 3.95
Extended Memory Specification (XMS) Version 3.0
Copyright 1988-1995 Microsoft Corp.

ERROR: Unable to control A20 line!
XMS Driver not installed

HIMEM.SYS is missing
Make sure that the file is in your Windows directory.

So, I got a copy of HIMEM.SYS off of another pc and used xcopy to put it into the windows directory, at which point it asked me if I wanted replace the one that was already there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online