1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Home Office Wireless/Wired Networking

Discussion in 'Networking' started by simm, Dec 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. simm

simm Thread Starter

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Those devices should work as you intend them to. But you'll still be using the same wireless network so I can't predict whether 'Wireless causes problems" would be improved. What problems?

3. simm

simm Thread Starter

Thanks TerryNet for the reply. My problems occur from using the built-in wireless on the laptop I believe. My remote login client keeps retrying to connect, but intermittently works. Connecting the laptop directly with Ethernet (Internet > Router > Laptop) keeps me connected. The distance between Home Computer (by the router) and Work Laptop or Work Computer is too far for a reasonable cable connection. I'm not entirely sure that bridging the connection with wireless would resurrect the issues, however. Any thoughts?

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Is it only the remote login client that has any problem, or is the problem that your wireless connection keeps dropping or severely slowing? If the latter please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. Identify your network if it is not obvious.

Do you have any wireless problems with the "Work Computer"?

5. simm

simm Thread Starter

The wireless connection is great...never drops or 'slows'. Work Computer connects perfectly fine and stays that way. The only issues I have occasionally are low signal (distance, obstructions, etc.).

Thanks so much for your assistance TerryNet - you have been most helpful!! I think I will go ahead and order those parts.

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You're welcome. :) Let us know how the new stuff works for you.

7. simm

simm Thread Starter

Will do. Thanks, and Merry Christmas!!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/969605

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice