1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] Home page Google

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by newdumbo, Oct 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newdumbo

newdumbo Thread Starter

I am experiencing a strange problem.I am using windows 98SE and Internet Explorer 6 as my browser.I have used Google as my Home Page for the last six months without any problems but now when I access the Internet the Google page comes up but immediately disappears.If I change my home page to anything else everything is OK.Also while on the internet and I try to access Google via the address bar the samething happens.As far as I can remember the only thing I did prior to this problem occurring was to download the wordprocesor package 602pcsuite which downloadedok and works ok.
    Any help please.

2. Davey7549

Davey7549

newdumbo

Try cleaning your Temp Internet files and all offline content first. See if that corrects your problem.

If not then Go Here read instructions, download and setup hijack this tehn post it results back here. Maybe it will give a clue if anything funny is causing this.

Dave

3. newdumbo

newdumbo Thread Starter

Thanks Davey
    Cleared temp.files and offline content and Voila!! everything is ok .First reply back has cured my problem,thankyou very much.We can consider this problem resolved.
    John

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171861

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice