1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: home page problems

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by zookre, Dec 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zookre

zookre Thread Starter

about every third time I log onto the internet my home page doesn't come up instead I get http://hp-desktop.aol.com/ instead.. if I click on home button I get my home page. I would like to stop this but don't know how, I've done a search for anything aol and deleted it, there is always a cookie in my temp files after this page comes up and I delete it but then in a day or two it comes up again. can anyone help solve this, I have run adaware and spybot and I am using avast

2. daz1

daz1 Banned

if you are on aol as your isp you will get this come up,minimise then use internet explorer or firefox which ever u use.assume u on aol so no way of preventing the start up page as this one however if u not on aol then try internet options to alter your home page.

3. zookre

zookre Thread Starter

I'm not on aol, I use a local isp. the first thing I did when I got this computer was get rid of anything that had to do with aol.

4. zookre

zookre Thread Starter

I found out that the only time this problem happened is when I used the internet button on my hp keyboard so when I investigated the settings in the control panel the keyboard shortcut was set to connect to the aol site, so I just changed it to my normal home page and now everything is back to normal

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/523090

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice