Solved: Hosts file?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jdemnyan1116

I was looking at my hosts files, all I got is 127.0.0.1? I saw on one reply that there were lots of different IP addresses on it. Mine only has the 127.0.0.1. I know where it is, and used notepad to read it, it only has the one. Is this normal or should there be other numbers there? It was the Hosts file, capital letter. I have backups there from spywareblaster also. They say the same, only the 127.0.0.1 Spybot says the same thing, just wondering if this is normal.

Normal - there are ways to populate bad sites to block them.

If you have see it in HJT logs they were generally added by malware

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
There are various HOSTS downloads that attempt to block spyware/malware and other undesirable sites using the HOSTS file. IMO, that is the wrong way to attack the issue, and I've never put anything other than localhost 127.0.0.1, and a couple of static IP addresses in my local network in the HOSTS file.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online