1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: hotkey fix Sony VGN-S360

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Filewasp, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Filewasp

Filewasp Thread Starter

I bought this laptop from a guy at work, yes he reinstalled XP on it. The FN keys do not respond and that would be handy to dim the screen, volumn etc. I couldn't find task manager to go into the processes area to see as suggested on of these three files are present: hkserv hksrv hkcmd - Like I said could find the task manager ( I could on my old 98 system. Went to sony and looked for a fix under vgn-S360 but there was no mention of a hotkey file. Any suggestions where I go to get the driver to fix this?
    Side note: Also need to change my signature here, gave away the win98 machine. THANX !

2. By_Rock

By_Rock

3. Filewasp

Filewasp Thread Starter

Yes that did the trick- contacted Sony on-line- chat and they found me the shared library utilties download and that fixed it. I had no idea they had the chat service. Very helpful. I will mark this resolved, I used to help a lot of folks here so with your 20 posts you did a good one for me. thanks steve / seattle area

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753891

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice