1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Hotmail attachment

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by MomAries, Jun 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MomAries

MomAries Banned Thread Starter

Hi everyone, I have Paint Shop Photo Album set up as a default photo edit program on my computer.

When I try to open the photo attachment in Hotmail it defaults to Nero Photo Show.

My question is Why it is doing it, and how to correct it??:confused:

Thanks guys.;)

2. MomAries

OMG nobody knows how to solve my problem? :( Wow!

3. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Right click on the file and choose OPEN WITH. Find the program you wish to open it with, click the check mark option to ALWAYS use this program for this file type. You may have to save one file to your desktop first. I don't use hotmail, sometimes it can be picky with their spam and virus filter.

Actually, this isn't a web or email issue ;) probably the reason no one has replied ;)

4. MomAries

Hi AcaCandy, when I right click on attachment it does NOT give me an option Open With. (n):confused:

Only after I save on my hard drive I have an option Open With.
    .But I am not going to do it with every attachments - there are about 20 of them. LOL

5. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Once you have the open with option, you SHOULD be able to choose that program for ALL files like that. Do you see the checkmark box?

6. MomAries

Nope, sorry. LOL I save the attachment on my hard drive, then I open the attachment using Open With, and I view it. Then I close the attachment and go back to the next file in the Hotmail.

I don't see any boxes. LOL

But it's OK for this mail. I can delete it altogether. LOL

May be the next mail I will try it again, and see. :)
    Thank you very much for your help. :D

7. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Don't select a program in the Open With menu. Select Choose Program, and then after you highlight the program you want to use, you check the box at the bottom of the window that says "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file".

8. MomAries

Thank you DoubleHelix, I followed your advice and was doing that but I did not see the box you are talking about.

However I was able to view all the photos at the bottom of the screen. My monitor is rather small, and I did not think to scroll down. When I figured it I could view them all at once without saving on my hard drive.

Thank you guys! Problem solved (for now at least LOL).(y)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/720852

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice