1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: hotmail block

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by leylander, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. leylander

leylander Thread Starter

on opening my hotmail account today i had this message in inbox (attachment included).
    this is first time i have received such a message;am not sure it is genuine and have not clicked on link provided.any members received such a message-is this scam message?

ScreenShot012.jpg

2. valis

valis Moderator

I'd not touch it.......what happens when you hover over the link? Does the url it is showing synch with what the url says it is?

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Is that your account it mentions? If so, go to mail.live.com, and log in with that account. Don't click the link. Just go there. You'll probably be able to log in just fine. It's almost always spam.

4. leylander

leylander Thread Starter

thx for both replies.

my account is not 'blocked'- i have just sent an email successfully and have received further one from friend.i just needed some confirmation that the message was indeed spam and had i clicked the link who knows what i could have installed on to pc.as an interim and cautious measure i shall change my password.
    hovering mouse over link just highlights it,no synching.
    i have now deleted the message and hotmail is still working successfully.thx to those who responded.
    i shall close thread.

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Did you happen to read that highlighted part? "Always show content from msdn.h0tmail.verlify. ..." Last time I got any mail actually from the "Live" team they spelled hotmail with an o, not a zero. And even Microsoft knows that there is no lower case L in "verify." :)

You can mark this solved using the [​IMG] button at the upper left of the page or just below the last post.

6. leylander

leylander Thread Starter

yes,noticed the errors mentioned-O instead of o and 'verlify' (new word to me.!!) that is what alerted me initially.
    however,deleted message,hotmail working fine still.
    thx to all who replied

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1052818

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice