1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Hotmail display problems; cannot view emails

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Azzy, Nov 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azzy

Azzy Thread Starter

Hi all.

Not sure if this is a problem on my end or Windows Live's end, but I am getting page display problems on any Windows Live site, including Hotmail. I know, I use Hotmail still, but haven't transferred all my accounts over to Gmail yet. Basically, I can sign in but can't view any emails when I click them. Can't click any other links on the page either, really. Display issues on other Windows Live pages, too.

Tried searching online but couldn't see others getting the same issue, so assumed it was me. But I've cleared my cache and ctrl+F5'd the pages numerous times, but no changes.

If I click an email to open it, it doesn't take me anywhere. It just adds a # to end of the URL.

Image below shows the left side of my Hotmail page, all jumbled up.

[​IMG]

Windows Live home page:

[​IMG]

If it's something on Windows Live's end, fair enough, I'll have to wait. Otherwise, anything I can do? Many thanks guys!

2. TechieRanger

TechieRanger

Which browser are you using? Have you tried using a different browser?:)

If youÂ’re not using an updated browser, some parts of Hotmail might not work and it might not display properly.

I use FireFox and Hotmail loads up with no issues.(y)

Regards,

Richard:cool:

3. Azzy

Azzy Thread Starter

Tried in Firefox and IE. Same issue on both...

Edit: Installed Chrome. Same issue on there.

Solved Edit! -- I can't believe it. My fault! It was basically because my clock time/date was wrong by a week. My clock keeps going back in time because my battery is dying. It didn't click that this was affecting the website. Well, at least I know if this happens again now!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1075420

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice