1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: hotmail problems

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by DimwittedNoob, Nov 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DimwittedNoob

DimwittedNoob Thread Starter

I downlaoded a bunch of files and used movie maker to makes them 25mb (thats the maxium for hotmail) but when i try uplaoded them to hotmail to sen to a friend it takes long and still hasn't finished.I refrsh.I hae dun this alot and it didn't use to take long like this.Any help?

2. golddust

golddust

Get a Skydrive account. It's free and gives you 25 GB of storage. You can edit permissions to let whoever you wish access the files on it. http://explore.live.com/skydrive. I use it to share high resolution pictures with my brother. Beats trying to email them!!! . Oh and you can use your Hotmail account to log in with.

3. DimwittedNoob

How long do files stay on skydrive? can i make it private? how long do files take to upload on skydrive?

4. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

As long as you want them to be there.
    Like the previous poster said you can set permissions for other Skydrive users to specifically access the files.
    That is dependent on the upload speed of your Internet Connection.

5. golddust

golddust

I'm the newsletter editor for a computer club. SkyDrive has been a real blessing for me because I can upload our newsletter from home- which averages about 35 MB each month - so our webmaster can get it ready to upload to our website. It only takes a couple of minutes to upload (using broadband @ 15 Mbps) - and downloads are fast.

6. DimwittedNoob

Thank you everyone.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025481

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice