1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: How add webpage icon to quick launch bar?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by knowslittle, Jul 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. knowslittle

knowslittle Thread Starter

Hi: I know how to add a program to the Quick Launch bar; can I add a webpage icon to it? For one thing, does a webpage have an icon? The icon in the top left of a webpage is the one for Opera, the browser I use. Any help appreciated.

2. Dan O

Dan O

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I just went to Google, added a shortcut to Favorites, then cut and pasted it to the desktop, I then dragged it to the quick launch bar. Here's the result.

Attached Files:

• ql.jpg
      ql.jpg
      File size:
      2.1 KB
      Views:
  4. knowslittle

Thanks, JohnWill; that worked for me, too. And thanks, Dan O; I didn't even know a person could download various icons.

5. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

You can just Drag the Address down to your Quick Launch without even bookmarking it.

6. knowslittle

That doesn't seem to work for me. I get a diagonal line through the icon when I drag.

7. Squashman

You need to drag the Icon in the address bar into a clear spot in your Quick Launch bar. It won't let you place it in your Quick launch unless you have it right in the quick launch. Resize your Quick Launch area and then try dragging it into there.

8. knowslittle

The icon drags just fine right down to the top of the quick launch bar, then a diagonal line appears in the icon and it won't drag any farther down.

9. Squashman

You are not doing it right then. You need to drag it to an open area in your quick launch. if you drag it on top of an icon in your Quick Launch it will give you the Circle with a line thru it. You have to make sure you are all the way down into the Quick launch. This is why I suggested you make the quick launch bigger first.

10. knowslittle

It's no surprise that I'm not doing it right, but try as I might, I can't seem to get it to work for me. Thanks a lot for your attempts to help. I can live with what I can do.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/487752

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice