Solved: How can I find out what's inside my Compaq computer?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

knowslittle

I received a used Compaq computer as a gift with no CD, no instruction book, no printed materials of any kind. The best I can tell, it's a DeskPro ENL/P733 (got that by trolling the Compaq site). Is there a way that I can learn about the stuff inside? My specific need is to know how much RAM it can hold (I know that it now has 128 MB), how many slots (is that the word?) there are for the memory thingies, how much memory can be put into each slot, what info I need if I want to buy more RAM, etc. Months ago, I added RAM to the 1998 Gateway I was using, but I had all the info I needed from the Gateway people. Thanks for any help.

Use the Memory Configurator here and it will tell you what you want to know about the memory.

wrs

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
The Compaq website should be able to tell you what that model had in it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts