Solved: how can i tell if my internal blu ray drive will burn to blu ray or just pla

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

yes_puleeze

how can i tell if my laptops internal blu ray dvd cd drive will burn to blu ray or is only able to play blu ray discs.. the device manager lists it as HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW CT30N sorry im new to blu ray .....I want to back up photos on blu ray discs also are there different types of blu ray discs and if it is a burner for blu ray do i need to be careful of which ones i purchase for them to be suitable like the old days with - and + dvds thanks for any help ...i have burning software on my laptop

leroys1000

Banned
Looks like the CT30N is a blueray combo drive.
It can play blueray and burn DVD's.
It can't burn blueray,just plays them.

yes_puleeze

thanks for your help and as for the instructions there are no instructions :)

yes_puleeze

what handy links! Im sure they will be of use to a lot of people thanks for your trouble

what handy links! Im sure they will be of use to a lot of people thanks for your trouble
Yes, they are very good tools that make a lot of things simpler.

You can mark your thread "solved" using the button at the top of the page.

yes_puleeze

i have already marked it as solved and only have the unsolved button at the top of the page :) it shows as solved on my view

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online