1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: How can I tell...???

Discussion in 'General Security' started by brian_oates33, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. brian_oates33

brian_oates33 Thread Starter

I don’t know if this is the right place to post this, but my question does have to do with networking…I recently moved into an apartment complex and I have my wireless network up and running. It is secured but I was wondering if there is any way that I could tell when someone tries to get onto my network?

2. kimsland

kimsland

Firewall programs will do that for you. I use Kaspersky Internet Security 2007 it's low on resource and tells me when something 'aint right.

Mind you, if you set up your wireless securely (ie using your hardware mac address) then no one should be able to log in.

Kim

3. brian_oates33

brian_oates33 Thread Starter

OK, I read your reply and looked into Kaspersky Internet Security 2007. Sounds good, so Kaspersky Internet Security 2007 it is. Thanks, Kim...

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

Hi Kim,

Kaspersky will tell you if someone is hitching a free ride to internet ?

5. kimsland

kimsland

Yes Kaspersky will tell you if someone is going through your IP to go to the Internet.
    Actually you get all these popups all the time.

Anyway, the point was to use a firewall (other than just Windows firewall) I believe Kaspersky is the best as I have tried them all. (well Linux firewall is better but oh well)\

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!