Solved: How do I change the name of the users folder?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ConsumingHatred

I was just given a brand new HP Pavilion dv2225la (I live in Colombia) and my father put a name on it that I don't want in that /usuarios/xxxxx/mis documentos folder (users/xxxx/my documents) , I'd like to change it to my name and I've even changed all the names of the computer via My Pc properties window to mine but that folder name won't change. I know it's a small detail but I'm picky like that.

I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium
1024MB of RAM
Intel Core Duo
32bit system

ConsumingHatred said:
I was just given a brand new HP Pavilion dv2225la (I live in Colombia) and my father put a name on it that I don't want in that /usuarios/xxxxx/mis documentos folder (users/xxxx/my documents) , I'd like to change it to my name and I've even changed all the names of the computer via My Pc properties window to mine but that folder name won't change. I know it's a small detail but I'm picky like that.

I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium
1024MB of RAM
Intel Core Duo
32bit system
http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=215

scroll to #3 ;)

Moving data and changing the user ID are two different things.

To do what you want, you would need to:

1. Create the new user you want
2. Log in with another account that has admin rights
3. Copy the first user's home directory to the new one

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts