1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: How do I change word 2007 labels to single spacing?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by calibug, Sep 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. calibug

calibug Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

I need help changing the label or envelope defaults from double-spacing to single-spacing. Even after I make the change it continues to keep the double-space format. Appreciate any tips you can give me.

Calibug :cool:

2. ChuckE

ChuckE

Press Ctrl-A, to select All
    Press Ctrl-1 for Single line spacing.

(or Ctrl-2 for Double line spacing,
    or Ctrl-5 for line-and-a-half line spacing.)

3. calibug

calibug Thread Starter

Thank you so much ChuckE for the shortcut. This does work for a full label sheet but does not work in changing double-spacing to single spacing in a document. I found a solution....when you open word, at home page go to "paragraph" option, select single spacing and checkoff "Do not add space between paragraphs of same style". This did the trick in both documents and labels. Thanks so much.

4. ChuckE

ChuckE

You were not specific as to what type of spacing problem you were talking about. You left me open to guess you were talking about line-spacing. Whereas what you had was a paragraph spacing issue.

I could have explained about paragraph spacing. The problem with paragraph spacing is that there are no defined keyboard shortcuts for them (except for one that toggles the "Before paragraph spacing of 12 points"). So, I did not want to get into a lengthly explanation, if it was not needed.

I am glad you got your answer.

5. calibug

calibug Thread Starter

Hi ChuckE,
    I apologize if I offended you, and you are right, I should have been more specific. I am new to this support group and just started at a new company and learning this new word. Thank you again for your help.

6. ChuckE

ChuckE

You did not offend me. I just stated the facts, and you are reading more than what was said.

Like I SAID, "I am glad you got your answer."
    (As simple as that.)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/751079