1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: How do I clear up security vulnerability (Very High -- MS07-016)?

Discussion in 'General Security' started by wgreene, Aug 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wgreene

wgreene Thread Starter

A Trend-Micro PC-cillin Internet Security Check gave this result:

The following security vulnerabilities were found on this computer:

High MS05-004
    Very High MS07-016

I clicked on Windows Update and found that I apparently needed a Security Update for MS.NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 (KB928366), which I downloaded and installed. Then I rebooted my computer, ran another Trend-Micro Security Check and discovered that these two "vulnerability checks" were still there! (In fact, I may have downloaded and installed this twice.)

At this point I don't recall what I did after that, but I Googled around and tried a thing or two to clear up my problem. Well, whatever I did, now whenever I run a T-M Security Check I see that the only "vulnerability" found is: Very High MS07-016. Somehow I must've done something that cleared up the High MS05-004 vulnerability.

Could someone please tell how to clear up the one remaining vulnerability? I would greatly appreciate whatever help I can get. By the way, how dangerous is it for me to continue to have this one "Very High" vulnerability? Thank you.

2. wgreene

wgreene Thread Starter

Well, I guess I got smart.

As Trend-Micro's website recommended, I went to the Microsoft Security Bulletins website and followed the steps given. After applying the related security patch, I ran yet another T-M Security Check. This time it showed that there are no longer any MS vulnerabilities on my computer.:)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/608085