1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: How do I connect my computers?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by morrisk123, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. morrisk123

morrisk123 Thread Starter

I have a PC and a laptop. The laptop is wireless, and connects to the internet without a problem. My main issue is that I want to be able to print from my laptop, while the printer is hooked up to the PC. I've gotten as far as putting both computers in the same workgroup, but I am unable to see the laptop from the PC, and vice versa.
    I really don't know what to do, and would need to be walked through it step by step. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. JPlStoner

JPlStoner

Ok, this is going to be tricky at the same time easy.

Step by Step.

On the Wired PC.

Need to know what OS you r using bro! XP is diff. from Vista

Same with the laptop. Need to know.

I hope I am not waisting my time here, but I am going to assume XP to give me something to do, lol!

CLick on START
    MY COMPUTER

On the Left side of the screen you will see

My NETWORK PLACES <~~~ Click Me!

Set up HOME NETWORK, make sure all the info is correct, especially the workgroup.

The last page will give you 4 options, just click on the 4th that says "Just Finish the Wizard"

Click on Next and the FINISH.

Same process goes for the wireless PC.

If you still cant see both machine in the VIEW WORKGROUP COMPUTERS window, try this.

Unplug the power from the router,

Shut down both PC's.

Plug the power back into the router.

This would help if I knew what router also.

Basic example. Light should be on when it is finished botting up.

INTERNET, WIRELESS or WLAN, POWER, and the light that corresponds to the wired machine. My Linksys router also has a light on the left that says CISCI SYSTEMS, that comes on also.

Anyway...

When the router is up, should only take about 30 to 45 seconds for it to come up.

Turn on both machines.

Try going to the view workgroup computers window again.

If both show up the move on to step 2, lol. Printer.

If not, then all I can suggest is try it over again, check your internet connection on both machines, no internet, no connection. Try someone elses suggestion or get ahold of me on yahoo messenger somehow :)

Printer Setup.

You need the printer driver CD. Goto the laptop.

Click on:
    START
    CONTROL PANEL
    PRINTERS & FAXES
    ADD NEW PRINTER
    NEXT
    NETWORK PRINTER should be second bubble
    BROWSE FOR A PRINTER
    NEXT
    The printer should be listed under the PC where it is installed.
    Then just follow the prompts.

There you go man, I do hope all this helps. If I am on and you need help I am westtexmedia on yahoo messenger.

Jeff

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

4. JPlStoner

JPlStoner

We got it somewhat figured out, we were up all night on messenger with each other.

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You can mark your own threads solved using the [​IMG] button at the top of the first page of the thread in the upper left corner.© :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/770743

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice