1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(Solved) How do I get Download Accelerator back as my default downloader?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by joeAgain------, Nov 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. joeAgain------

joeAgain------ Thread Starter

I know some people don't like it, but I really do.
    (for some reason I only get the Microsoft standard downloader now)

How do I get Download Accelerator to be my default downloader again.....as I want it to be(as it used to be)?

I see no options to make it so.....am I missing a setting that someone can help me find and reset?

thanks

2. pvc9

pvc9

Check the DAP FAQs and DAP Help

I use Fresh Download. So dont know the exact setting. But you've to check a box in the Options of the program. There should be a check box under the section Connections(I suppose)!
    Check in the above links for integration of the program with browsers and see if that helps!

3. joeAgain------

joeAgain------ Thread Starter

thanks again, Pvc

there was an option to "intigrate" it with my browser that was already checked(or course).

I unchecked it, restarted and the rechecked it and restarted my computer again.

that seemed to work.

thanks
    (why do you like Fresh Download better?)

4. pvc9

pvc9

Thats great.

You're very welcome:)

About FreshDownload, I posted few months back in Security forum about DAP and spyware, so I was suggested few programs by the other members. FreshDownload was one of them. I like the program as it is a simple, small program which works very well for me. Have had no problems at all since!

I know DAP and have been a SUPER fan of DAP for 2 yrs. But after DAP pulling out the Always Resume option and keeping it only for a few days. I had no option but to move to FreshDownload. My connection speed isnt great so... had to use a download accelerator and FreshDownload kinda rescued me :p

Have a great day!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/102160

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice