1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: How do I get my Wireless Network Card to work ?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by dontletmedown, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dontletmedown

dontletmedown Thread Starter

2. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

OK I'll post it here instead of there. You followed Huggie's advice and found the driver, or at least part of it. Try opening Device Manager and clicking to Update Driver, then point the system to that .inf file. With a bit of luck, that might lead it to the driver. That said, I thought that was for sound or ethernet - not wireless. Are you sure the computer has a wireless card attached? The only missing networking driver in your list was the Network Controller - no mention of wireless there.

3. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

I am sorry I cannot understand your post.
    Why start a new thread, when looking at the other one, Huggie54 posted the possible solution.
    I appreciate that the thread started as a Sound card problem, but it went on to the Wireless problem.
    The zip file Huggie54 sent you is the driver. You unzip it, as Huggie54 told you and then go to the network adapter in Device Manager, click on update driver and when it asks where to look for the driver, you select the driver from where ever you opened the zip file.
    With respect, it is no use asking for help and then telling the person helping you, that they HAVE it wrong. It is perfectly OK to ask for confirmation, if you are in doubt, but telling the advisor "It will not install anything" is a bit OTT.

Saga Lout, Your reply was not there when I started typing. Just in case you thought I was poking my nose in.

4. dontletmedown

dontletmedown Thread Starter

Many thanks Huggie54 for your help...
    Problem Solved !
    I found some appropriate software.

5. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

There's always room for alternative advice. :D

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/913505

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice