1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: How do I get rid of PERSONAL.xls..HELP!!

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by balloon_tom, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. balloon_tom

balloon_tom Thread Starter

OK...I needed to add a keyboard shortcut to an Excel workbook. I had done this before but forgotten how I did it. So, I went on line and picked a likely solution. I followed the steps, and have been screaming bad words ever since. The suggestion was to create the shortcut in a 'personal' project. Now if I have any workbook open and then try to open another, I get a warning that Personal.xls is locked for editing, notify, read only, cancel.
    I also have workbooks that open every hour through Scheduled Tasks which get updated info from the web. These also cannot open because the Personal.xls is locked.
    I can't find a workbook called Personal.xls on my cumputer, only as a project in the macros.
    How do I get rid of Personal.xls?
    Any suggestions are apperciated.
    Tom

2. balloon_tom

balloon_tom Thread Starter

It was in Documents and Settings.../Applications.../Excel/.... I deleted it there and life is good!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973914

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice